For The Pesarattu
1 cup moong dal (split green gram)
1/2 cup grated onions
1/4 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
4 to 5 chopped green chillies
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka atta)
For the pesarattu
- Wash the moong dal 2 or 3 times, and soak in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain the moong dal and blend in a mixer along with onion , ginger and green chillies to a smooth batter.
- Add the rice flour and salt, mix it well. Keep aside.
- Heat a dosa pan, pour a spoonful of the batter and spread it from the centre, add a little oil around.
- On the pesarattu, spread one portion of the topping mixture, and slightly press with the flat spoon.
- Cook till the pesarattu becomes crisp and also cook the other top.
- Repeat the same process to make more pesarattu with the remaining batter and topping.
- Fold and serve hot with ginger chutney.